As a community service, the lifeblood of our organisation lies with our Volunteers. Coming from a diverse range of backgrounds and ethnicities, our SuperGran volunteers all have one thing in common - their willingness to share their skills and knowledge with others. Life experiences, wisdom and empathy, coupled with practical skills and abilities ensures clients have the opportunity to learn from those who have "been there and done that".
The quality of a good Supergran Volunteer Mentor:
- Can relate to all people and is not fazed by hardship or disability
- Is a good organizer – able to plan and think
- Sets high standards and helps others to achieve their best
- Has good personal values – is sincere, honest, fair and consistent
- Is a motivator – able to maintain a high interest level in the sharing process
- Is diplomatic and able to honour confidences
- Is non-judgmental
- Has a good sense of humour
- Has good oral and written communication skills
Our branches are always on the lookout for people who would like the opportunity to put their experience, skills and knowledge to good use.
All training and support is provided at no cost.
Contact your local branch for more details or get more information sent to you - we would love to hear from you.